Are you looking for a way to play sports, be inspired and have an impact in your community?
We would love to hear from you!
As a grassroots, volunteer-based organization, Special Olympics BC relies on the support and dedication of more than 2,900 volunteer coaches, administrators and event volunteers in order to fulfill our mandate.
Volunteering with Special Olympics BC in Kelowna is an opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the quality of life of individuals with intellectual disabilities, and a meaningful contribution within our community.
Our athletes are a constant source of inspiration and joy for everyone who interacts with them.
Getting involved with Special Olympics BC in Kelowna also offers opportunities for volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to:
- Build friendships and networking connections;
- Gain new skills for personal and professional development;
- Travel in Canada and abroad;
- Share your love of sport;
- Experience the satisfaction and joy of helping others develop and succeed–in sport and in life!
You are invited to join our Special Olympics community in Kelowna so you can discover the fulfilling and life-enriching experience of being involved with our organization. We have over 100 volunteers and coaches supporting our 200 local Special Olympic athletes. Get in touch to find out how you can help.
How To Apply
We are currently looking for volunteer coaches in all different sports programs as well as in administrative roles.
If you think you might be interested and would like to register or get more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
In order to apply to become a volunteer, the following forms need to be completed:
- Special Olympics BC Volunteer/Coach Registration Form (PDF)
- Special Olympics Kelowna Volunteer Application Form including the Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Special Olympics Kelowna Volunteer Profile and Medical Form (PDF)
- A Criminal Record Check is required. There is no charge for the criminal record check.
To view these forms, use a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader.